Saturday, November 17, 2007

Enna Burning - Shannon Hale

When I picked up Goose Girl I figured I might as well get the next in the series. Enna Burning brings back many of the same characters but mainly focuses on Enna, one of Princess Isi's friends from back in her Goose Girl days. Enna's brother discovers an ancient vellum manuscript that teaches him to talk to create fire and make it do his bidding, but the need to burn quickly overtakes him. Enna learns to do the same in a hope of figuring out how to save him. When Bayern is drawn into a war she uses her gift to try and sway the war in Bayern favor.

On the Four Star Scale

Sap Factor (* ) - People die. Love story.

Naughty Bits () - Like Goose Girl this book is for grade school kids.

Readability (****) - 336 pages and they go supper fast.

Final notes - This book isn't quite as good as Goose Girl but it is still fun. I can't wait to read these to Grace when she gets a little older.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I LOVED Princess Academy (the most), Goose Girl, and Enna Burning. Have you read River Secrets? Good, but not great. In my opinion, anyway.

I am loving this blog, by the way.