Thursday, May 8, 2008

Does My Head Look Big in This? - Randa Abdel-Fattah

A coming of age book that explores one teenagers choice to start wearing a head scarf.

On the five star scale

Sap Factor (*) - You have to deal with some of the normal teenage drama.

Naughty Bits (**) - Some potty talk and underage drinking although I might be wrong about that. Does anyone know the legal age of drinking in Australia.

Readability (****) - 368 pages, teenage fiction. Easy read.

Final notes (***) - Funny coming of age story. Amal is a normal Australian teen until she decides to wear a head scarf. Then she stands out at a time when most of us want to blend in.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That would be 18.

I want to read this...I think my little sister was trying to tell me about it but was doing a horrible job... :)