Sunday, December 2, 2007

Relentless Pursuit - Kevin Flynn

This book was written by Kevin Flynn, a Washington DC prosecutor, about a case he never really felt left him. Diana Hawkins and her 13 year old daughter Katrina Harris were brutally killed by Hawkins' ex-boyfriend. Flynn is assigned the case and follows it through from the discovery of the bodies to the cases closure and beyond. He can't let it go.

On the Four Star Scale

Sap Factor (**) - It is sad people can do these kinds of things to each other. The families suffer extreme grief. A two year old witnesses the crime and cousins and a son discover the scene.

Naughty Bits (***) - The killer Norman Harrell was a sick, sick man. He eviscerated Diana and cut Katrina's heart out of her body. Flynn lays it all out there.

Readability (**) - 384 pages. There is nothing difficult about this story to read, besides the emotional disturbance but there is something missing for me. I have no doubt that Flynn is a great prosecutor but his style is lacking that extra flair for me.

Final notes (**) - A terrible story. It is unreal that someone would do this. I think the story is missing the personal touch though by not including pictures of the victims in life. Also like I mentioned before I just did not feel his style. For me he just isn't a great mystery writer.

No comments: