Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Family Fun

I'm one of those people who loves cook books. Every year I get a few more but a few years ago Dr. J gave me the "Kitchen Bible" also known as the Betty's Cookbook. I love it and thought I was done with cookbooks forever. Then I got my hands on this little baby. I read it cover to cover last night while I was watching Zathura. Do either of those things make me a weirdo. I mean the movie was OK but it definitely didn't take all my concentration. As for the cookbook well it was just awesome. I read all the recipes, looking over the ingredients, and the hints, decided which ones I wanted to try, which ones seemed fun, which ones I had the stuff for, and which ones I thought the kids would really love. We tried out a few and so far they have been hits. I tried two of the soups in the book and they were both well received by the kids. Tonight though I dared the unthinkable and had the kids help me make homemade beagles. They were so delicious. Dr. J my DH came home and said, you should make these every morning and sell them...so I guess that means he liked them :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jason said...

Crys,

When did you make beagles? I thought we couldn't have a dog until we had a house?

Anyway, I loved the bagels that you made!!